Mission & Vision
To inspire and educate through art, nature and history
Fruitlands will be known as a majestic gathering place that builds connections between nature, people and culture. Recognized nationally and loved locally for its engaging exhibitions and programs, the museum will serve as a catalyst for creativity and the development of curious minds for audiences of all ages. Fruitlands will be a welcoming oasis at the center of a community that will gather to learn, celebrate, and renew.
These are supported by our Core Priorities and our Core Values:
- Community: Fruitlands is a welcoming and accessible place with opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. We value our community and are eager to invite people to become a part of it. We are collaborative, inclusive in our reach and honest in our commitment to serving the changing needs of our audiences. Our landscape and programs inspire and nurture the creative spirit. We understand the connection of human beings to the land and to each other.
- Collections: The objects and the stories that bring our mission to life are found in our collections. We are commited to their preservation, interpretation and growth with an emphasis on our living collection; the land.
- Excellence: Continuous improvement drives our efforts each day. We understand the highest standards in all areas of the work that we do and aim to exceed them.
- Sustainability: We actively work to ensure that all of the museum’s resources are protected and maintained to ensure they are preserved for future generations.
- Innovation: Our experiences will evoke curiosity in our audiences and inspire positive actions in our communities. We will maintain institutional curiosity to find solutions and build connections.
Catherine Shortliffe, Interim General Manager and Engagement Manager, x5
Danielle Fennema, Education Assistant, x4
Shana Dumont Garr, Curator, x6
Harriet Friedrich, Store Manager, x8
Mike Rouleau, Manager of Buildings & Grounds
Anna Thompson, Collections Manager
Main phone number: 978.456.3924. General Information: x3